Each year GLCU awards six (6) $1,000 college scholarships to GLCU members. You must be a High School graduate, have a GED or be graduating this year in order to be considered. Adults continuing their education are welcome to apply. Applications are accepted from February 15th through April 30th, 2021.
Requirements to Receive a $1,000 GLCU Scholarship:
- Preparing for a career by eventually obtaining a degree, diploma or certificate
- Full-time or part-time student at an accredited school
- The award must be used for room and board, tuition, fees, books, tools and/or supplies
- Must be a High School graduate, have a GED or be graduating this year
- Applicant (not applicant’s parent) must be the primary member of Great Lakes Credit Union and for at least six months prior to applying
- List and explain employment experience, participation in activities (functions at school/college or volunteer work in the community), and include hobbies or skills, interests and abilities you may have developed
- Submit the following with your application:
- Two letters of reference/recommendation
- School transcripts
- A link to your video submission. (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Please answer the following items in your video (3 min max).
- Explain why you should be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- How can GLCU best serve its members (of all ages)?
- Bonus. Pick one of the following questions:
- If you could ask advice from any historical figure, who would it be? What would you ask them?
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your application alone?
- If you were given $10 million dollars to help solve a world problem, what problem would you choose and how would you contribute to the solution?
Congratulations to our 2020 Scholarship Winners!