Each year GLCU awards six (6) $1,000 college scholarships to GLCU members. You must be a High School graduate, have a GED or be graduating this year in order to be considered. Adults continuing their education are welcome to apply. Applications are accepted from January 1st through April 1st during each calendar year.
Requirements to Receive a $1,000 GLCU Scholarship:
- Preparing for a career by eventually obtaining a degree, diploma or certificate
- Full-time or part-time student at an accredited school
- The award must be used for room and board, tuition, fees, books, tools and/or supplies
- Must be a High School graduate, have a GED or be graduating this year
- Applicant (not applicant’s parent) must be the primary member of Great Lakes Credit Union and for at least six months prior to applying
- List and explain employment experience, participation in activities (functions at school/college or volunteer work in the community), and include hobbies or skills, interests and abilities you may have developed
- Submit the following with your application:
- Two letters of reference
- School transcripts
- A link to your video submission. (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Please answer the following items in your video (5 min max).
- Explain why you should be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- How can GLCU best serve its members (of all ages)?
- Bonus. Pick one of the following questions:
- What invention would you uninvent if you could, and why?
- Think back to a situation in your life where you had to decide between taking a risk and playing it safe, what choice did you make and what was the outcome?
- You are required to spend the next year of your life in either the past or the future, what year would you travel to and why?
Do not send items separately. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship award. If selected, you will be notified no later than May 1, 2020.