Financial & Housing Counseling
In today’s quickly changing financial world, it’s easy to want guidance on things like building your credit, buying a home, or consolidating high interest debt. After all, when you talk to family and friends, you’re likely to get conflicting advice. That’s where our free housing and financial counseling comes in.
We provide convenient and confidential housing and financial counseling for our community members. Our counselors are certified professionals, endorsed by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the The NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC).
Whether you are looking to buy a home, reduce debt, or save for retirement, we’re here to support you and your financial goals. Schedule a screening to talk with one of our professionals and get on the path to financial success today.
How it Works
Interested in improving your overall financial health? Our NCHEC and HUD-Certified counselors can advise you on virtually every aspect of your finances. Whether looking for immediate relief or planning for brighter futures tomorrow, we will create a customized plan to help achieve your goals!
Our team at Great Lakes Credit Union can also advise you on debt consolidation and loan assistance or refer you to one of our partners.
Financial Planning &
- Set and achieve financial goals
- Manage income and expenses
- Action plan to decrease debt
- Choosing and comparing financial products
Credit & Debt
- Review credit reports and scores
- Increase your credit score
- Negotiating with debt collectors
- Fix credit report errors
- Access credit building products
- Assistance with loan comparisons
- Pre-purchase / pre-application assistance
- Loan repayment counseling
Looking to make a purchase or in need of rental assistance? GLCU’s expert NCHEC and HUD-Certified counselors can walk you through every step of the process. Let GLCU guide you through the home buying or rental experience, taking advantage of every opportunity to help along the way!
There are other specific pandemic-related options to help keep you in your home, and we can help you with those too.
Home Buying Assistance
- First time homebuyers education
- Preparing for homeownership
- Qualifying for down payment assistance
- Guidance with paperwork/disclosures
- Assistance with closing costs
- Referrals to tenant networks and legal aid
- Rent vs buy analysis
- Access to affordable rental resources
- Referrals to rental assistance programs
Take Charge of Your Finances
We’re a trusted source of information and support within our community. Our confidential and certified housing and financial counselors can offer a range of services to help you achieve your goals.
Schedule a screening to talk with one of our professional housing and financial counselors.