Our counselors are HUD-approved and offer an array of housing and financial counseling services for free. All are open to credit union members and community residents. Whether you are looking to buy a home, reduce debt, or save for retirement GLCU is here for you.
Interested in improving your credit? A counselor can advise you on your whole financial picture, help you to evaluate expenses, and provide information on how to improve your credit score. Great Lakes Credit Union also works with members to assess financial products and discuss debt consolidation. In some cases, we refer members to our national partner, GreenPath Financial Wellness.
Please be sure to complete this Credit Counseling form and bring it with you to your appointment.
Interested in buying a house? A counselor can help you find out how much you can afford for a mortgage payment and offer information about programs for first-time homebuyers. Please be sure to complete this Homebuyer form and bring it with you to your appointment.
Having trouble making payments on your home? A counselor can review your options for either keeping or selling your home and advocate on your behalf with your lender once you decide the path you want to take. Please complete this Homeowner form and bring it with you to your appointment.
What To Bring To Your Counseling Session:
- Completed Application Form(s)
- Photo ID
- Two Months Recent Proof of All Income (Check Stubs)
- Self-Employed: Profit and Loss Statement for Last Two Quarters
- Self-Employed: Business Bank Statements for Last Two Quarters
- Most Recent Two Years of Federal Tax Returns (Include All Schedules)
- Most Recent Two Years of W2s and 1099s
- Two Months Most Recent Bank Statements (ALL PAGES)
- Most Recent Utility Bills (Electric, Gas, Phones, etc.)
Workshops and Events
GLCU also hosts financial education classes and seminars for the community, including our Select Employee Partners. We cater these classes to fit an array of financial needs. Click here to view our calendar of upcoming workshops.