Great Lakes Credit Union (GLCU) makes it easy to switch Financial Institutions.
Just follow these 3 EASY steps to get started, but before you do, make sure you have access to the following:
- Old paycheck-stub for reference
- Driver’s License and SSN
- Direct Deposit and Automatic Payment Information – including Bill Pay payees
- Old financial institution account #’s and routing number
Step 1: Open a GLCU Share Savings Account.
Step 2: Begin moving your existing electronic authorizations:
- Redirect your payroll check and automatic deposits such as Social Security or dividend checks with this Direct Deposit form.
- Redirect automatic bill payments or withdrawals which include recurring payments like utility bills, auto payments, insurance, etc., and any regularly scheduled transfers with this Automatic Payment Form.
- Gather payee information from current online Bill Pay service to establish Bill Pay service through GLCU. Print a copy of existing payee screens as a reference tool.
Step 3: Close old accounts with this Account Closure Form once outstanding items have cleared your old accounts. Give this form to your old financial institution. We suggest waiting one or two statement cycles to be certain all electronic payments have been moved to your new GLCU account.
It’s that EASY… this initial process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete depending on the amount of payments you need to redirect. If you prefer help, call (800) 982-7850, or visit any of our convenient Branch Locations and a representative will be more than happy to help you make the switch to GLCU today!
Checking/Savings Account Rates
Effective Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019
|FREE Checking**||Up to $10,000||2.960%||3.00%|
|Share Savings||$100 min to earn||0.200%||0.20%|
|Santa Saver||Up to $1,000||.995%||1.00%|
|Santa Saver||$1,000.01 or greater||0.200%||0.20%|
|Kirby Kids Savings||$5 min to earn||0.200%||0.20%|
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. All dividend rates and APY may change at any time, as determined by GLCU Board of Directors. The APYs shown above assume that all principal and dividends remain on deposit for the entire term. Fees could reduce earnings on the above accounts. Penalties apply for early withdrawal from Share Certificates and Santa Saver Accounts. Additional account information is provided in separate Account Disclosures.
**Balances up to $10,000 will earn the stated dividend rate and the portion of the balance over $10,000 will earn the standard savings dividend rate. Dividends will be paid on ONE FREE Checking Account per member. Fees could reduce earnings. Also applies to Young Adult FREE Checking Account.
Minimum requirements to earn dividends:
- Maintain a monthly Direct Deposit of $500.00 or more.
- 15 signature-based debit card purchases (no returns, PIN or ATM) totaling $150 or more. All purchases must be cleared and posted to your transaction history within the current month. Authorized or pending purchases do not qualify.
- You must be enrolled in eStatements, and an active user of GLCU's online Bill Pay or Mobile Banking.